Some of the symptoms of sleep apnea include:
- Loud and frequent snoring
- Shortness of breath
- Headaches and fatigue in the morning
- Excessive sleepiness during daytime or hypersomnia
- Breathing pauses which are usually observed by another person
- The feeling of a dry mouth or a sore throat
Oral appliances have found to be highly effective in the treatment of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. These appliances are custom-made for you after taking impressions of your teeth and jaws. They are lightweight and perfectly fitted. The oral appliance works by supporting the jaw in a forward direction. This allows the airway to stay open while you sleep, allowing you to breathe normally and properly, and also prevent snoring. Since the airway no longer gets obstructed due to muscle relaxation, you can easily fall into a deep and peaceful sleep and wake up feeling energetic and refreshed.